George Harrison’s 425 Rickenbacker guitar did sell at last Saturday’s Julien’s auction at the Hard Rock in New York, It didn’t bring the estimated sales price of $600,000. It actually brought more-$657,000.
Some people who are supposed to know the value of Beatles collectibles thought it wouldn’t bring anywhere near the $600,000.
Other items that sold were Lady Gaga’s 1990 red Rolls Royce Corniche lll, which was sold for $125,000.
Last year, a custom built guitar played by John Lennon and George Harrison was sold for $408,000 at a Juliens Auction at the Hard Rock in Manhattan.
Julien’s has established itself as the place for celebrity and entertainment auctions for selling entertainment memorabilia.
Here are some past successful bids:
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller Jacket: $1.8 million dollars
- Marilyn Monroe’s River of No Return Dress: $516,000
- John Lennon Jacket: $240,000
- Princess Diana worn gown: $144,000
- Original Coke bottle and sketch: $468,000
- Michael Jackson handwritten “We Are The World” lyrics: $270,600
- Madonna Bustier: $72,000
- Michael Jackson Motown 25 Glove: $420,000
- George Harrison’s Gibson SG from 1966-1969: $560,000
- Kurt Cobain’s Stage Worn Jacket: $87,000
- Jimi Hendrix Studio Used Guitar: $480,000
- Elvis Presley’s Country Gentleman Gretsch Guitar: $180,000